Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm starting to wonder...

...if I will ever get into the habit of blogging on a regular basis. It doesn't come naturally to me at all, not that I really thought that it would. By nature, I am a pretty private person, and I think most people who know me would be surprised to learn I've begun a blog. I haven't given the blog info out to anyone yet, nor do I plan to do so. Add that to the fact that I sincerely doubt anyone on the internet has stumbled across my blog and read it, and I suppose I am doing the internet equivalent of talking to myself in a public place.



So I'm crazy? What else is new?



Our car, The Swamp Thing, flashed me an idiot light the other night. It's the little battery icon, so I am guessing the alternator may have given up the ghost at last. I'm no mechanic, so I'll leave it to the hubby to figure out. In the meantime, though, I'm stuck without a car to tootle around in, which stinks.



Captain Cantankerous is due back on Sunday next. I'm looking forward to seeing him, and not just because I know he'll be able to fix the car, either! Life is a lot less fun without him around, you know?

Projects, projects... Well, I haven't yet finished the baby scarf cap I am knitting. I have finished one half of the scarf and am working on the hood. I'm a bit irritated with myself, though, because even though I have plenty of balls from the same dye lot, none of the others contain the same portion of the variegation (it's a loooonnnnng repeat). That being the case, I am debating about whether or not to rip it out and start over with a different ball -- one that DOES have a match!

So, yeah, I've set that to one side and am thinking about it. Meanwhile, I started and finished a cute little toddler-sized cardie with 3/4 length sleeves. I crocheted it in Louisa Harding's Impression #6, and I think it is very pretty. I'm not sure what to do with it, though, since my niece utterly rejected it when I went to try it on her, and she's the only child of my acquaintance who is the right size to wear it. I guess it goes into my gift stash for now.

With that completed, I've started another baby sweater, this one in Jojoland fingering weight wool, a lovely blend of blues and purples. I'm just making this one up as I go along, and keeping the stitches very basic to showcase the yarn. I'm almost done the back and ready to start on the front.

No comments: