Thursday, September 20, 2007

Revisiting the past

I just found out how to change the date and time on a post (shows how little I've bothered to explore this, right?), so I can go back and put some posts in where there are excessively long pauses in my blogging. I have no idea when I'll get around to doing that, but at least I know now that I can do it when I find the time and motivation.

I have this urge to make a baptismal gown, sweater, bootie, blanket and bonnet set. I am sure it isn't something I will start on anytime soon, but I'm looking around now for inspiration. I have this mental image of the sweater, bonnet, blanket and booties being super soft and fluffy, with the gown maybe part linen, part crocheted lace (a panel down the front, probably), a hint of beading. I'll probably mimic some of the lace detail for edgings on the blanket, bootie cuffs, etc. Right now, it's still in the percolating stage, but I am definitely going to start looking around for a nice, fluffy yarn to use.

Currently, I'm making -- yes, you guessed it, yet another baby sweater! This one is a soft, pale pink, cotton terry cloth type yarn. It coordinates with the blankie I just finished. What is it with me and baby sweaters lately? I really need to get out of this rut. They are cute and all, but who needs a dozen or more of the things just hanging around? That's where I'm headed if I don't make a change. Maybe it's time to pick out my pattern for the sweater along... an adult sweater, I mean!

And, of course, I still have to make the hat I promised my one brother for his birthday. His last birthday! Poor guy, everytime he sees me, I have my workbag and it's stuffed full of projects, but that hat just never seems to get made. I actually made 3/4 of one for him, then decided it was too boring and frogged it. I think he's starting to feel unloved. Really, though, I don't think the problem is so much to do with doing the knitting for the hat as it is the design of the blasted thing. He is a Cowboys fan and wants the hat to be team colors. I loathe the Cowboys, being a life-long Steelers fan. I'll bet if the hat was black and gold, it would have been done ages ago!

No comments: